Mid-Missouri Photo Scavenger Hunt
International Babywearing Week 2015
International Babywearing Week is upon us! Members of the Central Missouri Babywearers Group are invited to participate in our Photo Scavenger Hunt on Facebook. Here are the details!
When is it?
October 4th-10th, 2015
What is the Scavenger Hunt?
All week long, Facebook posts will go up asking you to submit pictures of babywearing to enter drawings for giveaway items.
How do I Participate?
Join the Central Missouri Babywearers Facebook Group (local babywearers only, please!) and watch for the posts to go out each day. You’ll add your picture to the comments of each post when you see the challenge go up!
How Many Challenges Will There Be?
There will be a new challenge each day from Saturday October 4th through Thursday October 8th (6 total)
When Will the Winners Be Announced?
Winners will be announced Friday evening. There will be one winner per challenge plus an overall winner for creativity!
What Are the Challenges and Prizes?
Here is the list of challenges and prizes for the upcoming scavenger hunt!
- Saturday: Take a picture of Babywearing at Sprouting Up in Jefferson City (Prize: $25 Gift Card to Sprouting Up)
- Sunday: Take a picture of Babywearing at an Orange Leaf Store in Columbia (Prize: $25 Gift Card to Orange Leaf)
- Monday: Take a picture of Babywearing at Go Baby Go in Columbia (Prize: $25 Gift Card to Go Baby Go)
- Tuesday: Take a picture of Babywearing at Once Upon a Child in Columbia (Prize: $25 Gift Card to Once Upon a Child)
- Wednesday: Take a picture of Babywearing with silly faces in any location (Prize: Free 30 min “mommy & me” mini session with a free 8×10 image of their choice from David Pickering Photography)
- Thursday: Take a picture of Babywearing in nature/your backyard (Prize: Free photo shoot from B.B. Photography)
Overall Prize: One prize will be given away for the most creative photo out of all of the challenges, as voted on by the group leaders (Prize: Size 6 Woven Wrap from In Touch Mom)
How Do I Enter?
When you see the challenge post go up, post your picture in the comments. It can be a recent picture or an older picture. If you don’t have a baby to wear, you are allowed to wear stuffed animals or dolls. Submissions must be made by Friday October 9th at 5:00 PM
Official Rules and Requirements:
- Official deadline for participation: All photo entries must be entered by 5:00 PM Central Time on Friday, October 9th.
- Who can participate: Anyone in mid-Missouri who is a member of our Facebook group
- Picture Requirements: Pictures must include babywearing of some kind. Dolls or stuffed animals can be used in the place of babies or children. The person who is entering does not need to be in the picture but she must have permission from the person who is babywearing (like a spouse).
- Location pictures: For location challenges, the location must clearly be visible in the picture. This could be the sign out side or some portion of the inside that shows the location (i.e. up close selfies with very little background won’t count)
- How Winners will be Chosen: One prize will be awarded per challenge and everyone who posts a picture in the comments will be entered. A random number will be generated using an online tool and the person with that comment (numbered in order of appearance) will win. The overall prize will be awarded to one person for the most creative picture throughout all of the challenges. That winner will be voted upon by the Central Missouri Babywearing Leaders group.
- Picking Up Your Prize: Prizes can be picked up at any Babywearing event including the walk in the park as well as any group meetings. Please advise us ahead of time of which event you will be attending so we can have your prize ready. Prizes can be shipped if the winner pays for shipping. Prizes not collected within 45 days will be forfeited.
- No purchase is required at the various locations to be entered into the contest.
** This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.